Shakespeare’s sonnets are timeless works of eloquence that have enchanted readers for centuries.
Assignment: Annotate the attached 3 sonnets paying close attention to both the physical and thematic structure in addition to the overall meaning of the poems. Continue to Clarify, Question/Evaluate. and Draw conclusions.
Copy and paste each sonnet and annotate on the SAME document. Answer the following questions after EACH sonnet.
1. What is the topic of the sonnet
2. What is the speaker’s problem or issue
3. What is the opinion or shift that occurs in stanza 3?
4. What outcome occurs in the couplet?
5. What are the chief poetic devices used to bring about meaning in the poem?