During this course, you will conduct a policy analysis related to social welfare. The policy analysis will have five sections. You will create your project incrementally throughout the course in Workshops Two through Seven. Each week, you will complete one section of the analysis and submit a piece of the whole so you can receive feedback from your instructor and improve your work before your final submission in Workshop Seven.
As a social worker, you will be expected to demonstrate character, leadership, and scholarship in the arena of policy and its use in clinical practice.
- Character is the product of constant action, striving daily to make the right choices. Through your work of advocacy toward policy reform, you are demonstrating such qualities as responsibility, fairness, and caring, and proving by example that you value character.
- Scholarship means a commitment to learning. Applying diligence and effort toward learning about policy and advocacy as a social worker can impact your practice positively as a professional.
- Leadership at your agency means having a positive influence on your colleagues. In taking the initiative to learn about and advocate for policy reform, you can encourage others to attain the same objective, thus positively affecting your clients and your work toward social justice.
In this assignment, you will describe the target population affected by your chosen policy.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Identify social policies at the local, state, and federal levels that impact well-being, service delivery, and access to social services. (PO 5)
- Assess how social welfare and economic policies impact the delivery of and access to social services. (PO 5)
- Analyze policies with regard to advancement of human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice. (PO 5, ILO 5)
- Demonstrate character, scholarship, and leadership in becoming a world changer through application to personal life and professional social work practice.
- Demonstrate Christ-like attitudes, values, worldviews, and ethical and professional behavior within advanced clinical practice. (ILO 1)
- File: Final Project.pdf (in the Shared Documents folder)
- File: APA 6e Guide.pdf
- File: APA Template for Assignments.docx
- Academic Writer (Available in IWU Resources in your course)
In this assignment, you will write:
- Policy Analysisâ€”Section 3: Target Population
To formulate policy, it is important to identify who the policy will impact. Policy is usually developed to alleviate a social issue. It is important to understand the implications for your target population. You will consider the target populationâ€™s culture, ethnicity, and geographic location, as well as other relevant information, to critically analyze how well the policy is working.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Review the Final Project file for a description of the section that you will write for this assignment.
- Review IWUâ€™s APA 6e Guide on how to properly cite sources.
- In a one-page APA-formatted document, write Section 3 of your Policy Analysis: Target Population. Use the APA Template for Assignments.docx file to complete your assignment.
- Before finalizing your work, ensure that you:
- 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman font
- One-inch margins on all sides
- Normal character spacing
- In-text citations
- Title page and reference page
- Read the assignment instructions carefully.
- Use the spelling and grammar check.
- Review APA formatting and citation.
- Use APA format for organization, style, and source credits, including: