Choose one of the professional scenarios provided:
Amber, Savannah, and Stephen work for Knowledge, Inc. (a consulting company). While on a conference call with Tim Rice Photography (an established client), the group discusses potential problems with a marketing campaign. Tim Rice, lead photographer and owner of Tim Rice Photography, is insistent the marketing is working and changes are not needed.
Amber reaches over to put Tim on â€œMuteâ€ but accidentally pushes a different button. She immediately says to Savannah and Stephen that the marketing campaign is not working and that â€œâ€¦Tim should stick to taking pretty pictures.â€
Tim responds, â€œYou know I can hear you, right?â€
Write a Block Business Letter from the perspective of company management. It must provide bad news to the recipient and follow the guidelines outlined:
1. Introductory Paragraph
3. bad-news statement
4. Counter-proposal or “silver lining idea
5. Closing paragraph
The message should take the block business letter form
The block business letter must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address the communication issue from the scenario.
- Provide bad news from the company to the recipient.
- Concentrate on the facts of the situation and use either the inductive or deductive approach.
- Assume your recipient has previously requested a review of the situation via email, letter, or personal meeting with management.
- Include the proper introductory elements (senderâ€™s address, date, recipientâ€™s address). You may create any details necessary in the introductory elements to complete the assignment.
- Provide an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Single space paragraphs and double space between paragraphs.
- Limit the letter to one page in length.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language/style requirements.
- Run spell/grammar check before submitting.