Earlier in the course we discussed that all business is local. Now we are learning that it seems all ethical standards are local. Yet multinational enterprises (MNE) must still operate in these countries. Choose an ethical dilemma encountered by a new MNE in a foreign country (for example, child labor, women’s rights or environmental issues, etc.).
As a human resource professional, how would you advise the company to operate in a country with different ethical standards? What strategies or guidelines would you propose they consider to remain consistent with U.S. law but still operate in other countries that may have a lower ethical standard?
Your initial posting should be well-researched, be at least 300 words, and must be submitted by Thursday, midnight, of this week. Your initial post must meet APA guidelines (Links to an external site.), and include at least ONE scholarly reference from course materials.
Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, a website) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic