Application: Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project
Strategy may be conceived as the end product of purpose, policies, programs, projects, actions, decisions, or resource allocation, that define what an organization (or community) is, what it does, and why it does it (Bryson, 2011). This week, your task is to identify specific requirements of public sector planning for the Revitalizing Masachapa Project, identifying strategic issues facing the townâ€™s government authorities.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Week 6 information in the Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project multimedia.
- Review Chapters 6â€“7 in Bryson (2018).
- Consider the relationship between identifying a strategic issue and developing a strategy for the organization or community.
The Assignment (3â€“4 pages):
Identify one strategic issue facing the community of Masachapa in its RMP. Using one of the approaches provided in Bryson (2018):
- Identify the strategic issue
- Describe the approach chosen to identify this issue.
- Explain why this approach is appropriate for the RMP.
- Develop a strategy for the town of Masachapaâ€™s RMP.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. Use APA style for this and all assignments.
- Bryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapters 6, â€œIdentifying Strategic Issues Facing the Organizationâ€ (pp. 187-218)
- Chapters 7, â€œFormulating and Adopting Strategies and Plans to Manage the Issuesâ€ (pp. 221-267)
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2014). Virtual city: Revitalizing Masachapa Project [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Please click on the following link for the transcript: Program Transcript (PDF)
As you review the Week 6 information in the Virtual City, consider the specific requirements of public sector planning to the Revitalizing Masachapa Project and the strategic issues facing the townâ€™s government authorities.