The Childrenâ€™s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Childrenâ€™s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) are both intended to provide protections for children accessing the Internet. However, they both have had some opposition.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you:
- Describe the main compliancy requirements and the protected information for both COPPA and CIPA.
- Analyze how COPPA and CIPA are similar and how they are different, and explain why there is a need for two different acts.
- Describe what you believe are the most challenging elements of both COPPA and CIPA to implement in order to be compliant.
- Speculate on why COPPA and CIPA define protection for different ages; COPPA defines a child as being under the age of 13 and CIPA defines a minor as being under the age of 17.
- Identify the main opposition to COPPA and CIPA based on research and speculate on whether they will be changed in the future based on the opposition.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The written paper must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include page numbers.
- Use 1-inch margins.
- Use Times New Roman, or Calibri font style.
- Use 12-point font size for the body of your text.
- Spell out numbers (one, two, three, and so on).
- Use double spacing throughout the bod.
- Use the point of view (first or third person) required by the question guidelines.
- Section headings should be used to divide different each content areas (items a-d above). Align section headings (centered) on the page, be consistent, and include at least two section headings in the question.