Read the Hollywood and Global Culture case study in chapter 3 of International Business: The New Realities, 4th edition. Then answer the following questions:
- Most aspects of foreign culture, such as language, religion, gender roles, and problem-solving strategies, are hard for the casual observer to understand. In what ways do Hollywood movies affect national culture outside the United States? What aspects of U.S culture do Hollywood films promote around the world? Can you observe any positive effects of Hollywood movies on world cultures?
- What conditions create a competitive advantage within this industry? Why is the United States the largest producer of entertainment? Is there another country that could develop, or has a competitive advantage that is positioned for future success within this industry?
- What societal or cultural factors are necessary to support a competitive advantage in this industry?
- What strategies would you recommend supporting principles of corporate sustainability, social responsibility and ethical behavior within this industry?
When writing your paper, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Four to six pages in length, organized, and well-written in conformity with CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Support your answers using four to six peer reviewed articles/professional sources in addition to the textbook. Support your analysis with facts including any organizational or government indices to inform your analysis.
- Include a title page, section headers, introduction, conclusion, and reference page.