A. Watch the following videos and study the materials
- Endosymbiotic theory (by Amoeba sisters, 5;30 min) (Links to an external site.)
- Endosymbiosis theory (by Bozeman Science, 7 min) (Links to an external site.)
- Endosymbiosis (2 min) (Links to an external site.)
- Evidence for endosymbiosis (Links to an external site.)
- Evidence that an endosymbiosis-like process is working today (Links to an external site.)
B. Post a paragraph discussing ONE of the following questions (5 pts):
- Do you think endosymbiosis useful for living organisms? Why?
- Do you think similar events that led to the endosymbiosis are happening to today? What are they?
- What data support endosymbiosis theory? Do you think they are reasonable arguments? explain.
C. Then, read your class-mates posts and reply to at least two of your classmates. Your comments should be meaningful (not simply “Yeah, me too” or “I agree”). (2.5 pts for each full meaningful response). Make sure you include following in your reply:
- start by greeting the class-mate by name
- contribute to one or two of his/her discussion point with your view
- Pose any related questions you might have
- your name
D. Answer any questions you might get from class-mates