Read â€œEgoism and Moral Skepticismâ€s s by James Rachels, located in Chapter 3: Morality and Self Interest. Discuss his views and provide a valid and logical analysis and response.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Analyze James Rachelâ€™s arguments regarding psychological egoism and ethical egoism.
- Provide at least two (2) examples that support the idea of moral skepticism.
- Discuss whether or not morality is possible in light of egoism, providing a rationale and examples to support your position.
- Include at least three (3) credible, academic references. (Do not use such open sources as Wikipedia, About, Ask.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the views of the main philosophers and the primary ethical concepts associated with each of the major ethical theories presented in the course.
- Recognize basic ethical theories, such as Divine Command Theory, Relativism, Utilitarianism, Kantianism, Social Contract Theory, Egoism, and Virtue Ethics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to examine questions and issues from diverse ethical perspectives and how these different ethical perspectives can be applied to evaluate contemporary ethical dilemmas.
- Demonstrate recognition of the role and function of moral arguments addressing traditional and contemporary moral issues.
- Present complex ethical ideas, theories, and perspectives fairly, objectively, and critically.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about ethics using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
PLEASE NOTE I DONT HAVE THE BOOK SO PLEASE FINE ANY MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET TO COMPETE THIS. HERES ONE: https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/millsonph115/2014/09/15/rachels-psychological-and-ethical-egoism/