The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize and apply the knowledge you gained in class into a well-written research paper. For this assignment, you will conduct research and write a paper containing three parts:
- Part I: Analyze diet
- Part II: Evaluate how the patientâ€™s diet affects:
- The personâ€™s health (anatomy)
- The progression of the illness (pathophysiology)
- Common medications associated with the disease
- Part III: Create patient SMART goals and an evidence-based plan of care (patient education)
In addition to the assignment specifics, your paper should:
- Be 4â€“5 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
- Source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use in-text citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas.
- Incorporate a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources into your paper.
- Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Follow the list structure of the sample paper for the section on calculations. You can download a sample paper in the Worksheets, Forms, and Templates area at left.
- Include a title page and a reference page listing the sources you used. Be sure to plan enough time for proofreading and editing.
- I Included an example paper