1. What is the “disarmingly easy” semiotic read of the 2014 Godzilla? In other words, what does Godzilla represent in the real world and what is he fighting against?
2. In the more complicated semiotic read of Godzilla, what is the real threat to humanity?
3. What is the difference, according to cultural critics of each era, between the “culture industry” of the early 20th century and the “culture industry” of the 21st century?
4. What are some things to consider when looking for “culturally meaningful” films to analyze?
5. Explain what an “archetype” is and give an example of one (other than the examples given in the chapter) along with at least two films that archetype is used.