Application: Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project
A strategic management system is an ongoing organizational design or arrangement for strategically managing the implementation of â€œagreed-uponâ€ strategies, assessing the performance of these strategies, and formulating new or revised strategies (Bryson, 2018). This week, you are asked to construct a strategic management system for the town of Masachapaâ€™s Revitalizing Masachapa Project.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Week 9 information in the Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project multimedia.
- Review Chapter 10 in Bryson (2018).
- Consider the relationships between the Strategy Change Cycle and the strategic management system.
The Assignment (3â€“4 pages):
You are to develop a strategic management system for the town of Masachapaâ€™s RMP, using one of the approaches provided in Chapter 10 of Bryson (2018). Your strategic management system should analyze key action guidelines relevant to the town of Masachapaâ€™s strategic management system, providing at least two of each of the following:
- General guidelines
- Strategy maintenance guidelines
- Strategy change guidelines
- Strategy termination guidelines
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. Use APA style for this and all assignments.
- ryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 10, â€œReassessing and Revising Strategies and Plansâ€ (pp. 321-349)
- Eppler, M. J., & Platts, K. W. (2009). Visual strategizing: The systematic use of visualization in the strategic-planning process. Long Range Planning, 42(1), 42â€“74.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2014). Virtual city: Revitalizing Masachapa Project [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Please click on the following link for the transcript: Program Transcript (PDF)
As you review the Week 9 information in the Virtual City, consider how you might build a strategic management system for the Revitalizing Masachapa Project.