Assignment: Creating Awareness Programs
Throughout this course, you have developed several items that you may want to add to your portfolio, such as behavioral intervention plans and public service announcements. As a potential health psychology professional, your portfolio should show diverse approaches (e.g., poster, brochure, etc.) to several health psychology topics. You also should have examples from different age groups.
As a future health psychology professional, you may be interested in consulting for schools, non-profit organizations, or government agencies. You may be hired to create a comprehensive awareness program to inform your target population about a specific health issue and preventive approaches using various forms of media. When you are creating an awareness program, always know your target population. Awareness programs may be designed to target a specific age group or culture. For example, if your awareness program is for third through fifth graders, be sure you understand what type of presentation would work best for them, such as posters or interactive activities. Also, use language that your target audience can understand. The presentation should not be below or above your audienceâ€™s level of understanding, and it should be culturally sensitive.
Submit your Assignment by Day 7. For this Assignment, select one of the assignments you completed earlier in this course to use as the foundation for your comprehensive awareness program. Then, use your selected assignment health psychology topic to create a comprehensive awareness program for children and adolescents and their families.
The Assignment (12â€“14 pages of text, plus cover page, abstract, and references)
- Describe your comprehensive awareness program including:
- The purpose of your program
- The selected health topic
- The appropriate setting for your program (e.g., schools, hospitals, community events)
- The projected time frame for your program
- Describe a target community and/or culture
- Justify why that community and/or culture is in need of education on your selected health topic
- Explain the health factors related to your topic within this community and/or culture
- Explain the risk factors for your health topic within this community and/or culture
- Explain three goals of your comprehensive awareness program
- Explain five elements that you would add to your existing Assignment that you selected to develop your comprehensive awareness project
- Explain how this program may promote positive change
Support your assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Note: This assignment is worth 35% of your grade for the course; please make sure you are giving it the time and effort appropriate to this percentage of points.